15 July, 2007

Oh Sunny England

We went to Beaver (Scout) Camp yesterday. It was my first one. DH has just got back from Denver so I went with the kids (he joined us later).


The weather was perfect yesterday, warm bright and sunny - I thought this camping lark is fantastic. We had proper boys activities although Jacob was more interested in exploring and digging in the dirt.



We had a ceilidh (prounounced kaylee) which is basically Irish folk dancing. What a blast. I haven't laughed so much in years!

It started raining overnight and didn't stop this morning. But once i had got over the rain bit, i thoroughly enjoyed myself still.

It's all the mucking in and community spirit that I truly enjoyed. We were all in it together (well most of us were). I think that those with that can-do sort of attitude will be back next year. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!