07 June, 2009

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Tim Holtz

Photobucket

This week's challenge for Simon Says Stamp is Tim Holtz inspired project. I love his style but it elludes me mostly. I haven't done any collage stuff forever. So I found it a bit of challenge to get my mojo started.



I have used the wrinkle-free watercolour effect that Tim uses. This is where you put the ink onto your craft sheet and spritz. I have forgotten how much fun this is - playing with my inks has really rekindled my desire.



The lock plate is made from Fimo - left over from a project I did for Scrapbook Inspirations a few months back. I've added some moonglow powders to make it shimmer.

I must also mention the Scrappy Shack. This Etsy shop has the most gorgeous and interesting die-cuts I've ever seen. Better still, they're have blog-candy for one lucky person. Pop over to have a look!

Thanks for stopping in.

Morag x


3 comments:

  1. Wow your creation is absolut gorgeous, brilliant artwork.

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Morag ! I love the effect you have using the inks and the collage is just fantastic :-)

    Thanks for joining the Sinon Says Challenge :-)
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. To say you havn't done this sort of thing for ages Morag it is "simply beautiful" you have done tim proud!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!