31 December, 2010

Mini Memories

I was stuck for something to do the other day so I thought I'd tackle this mini-suitcase which I've had for ages.  My thoughts turned to making a tiny album for our holiday to Menorca earlier this year.

The suitcase was started at a class at the Artisan show in September.  I finished it off by covering the inside with vintage maps and dictionary pages.

The mini accoridan album is made from Webster's Pages Seaside Retreat which has a lovely map printed on it. 
I added some stamped images like splodges and seashells, etc. before layering up a tag and star fish.
As the papers are all double-sided, making a mini-album like this is a piece of cake. 
Looping baker's twine across the pages help to lead the eye through the album in a very simple way.
The outside of the case is painted with brown paint and highlighted with Inka-Gold (absolutely lovely to work with). 
Hope you all bring in the New Year with someone you love.  See you in 2011!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderfully altered suitcase. Perfect for your travel mini. Wishing you a creative and happy 2011 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful box! wonderful work! fantastic colors and accessories!

    Happy New Year
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing! i stumbled upon your post while searching for those type of mini suitcase. can you help me by telling me where can i purchase them?

    thank you so much
    Efrat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!