17 December, 2009

Sweet Tooth

'Tis the season to be jolly and it snowed today! This is the first time I remember snow at Christmas since I was a kid. I just hope it lasts until next week.

I had a play this week at making a cupcake gift holder. I have seen these cupcakes when they hold a gift card, but I really wanted to make one to hold bath bombs or jelly beans.


As it is my first attempt, (well it took me 3 goes to make the base), it didn't turn out too bad. I have thought of some ways to improve for next time. It was really fun to make, but I've burnt my fingers again and again with hot glue.


The lid comes off to reveal the gift. It should be jelly beans, but they got eaten instead (not by me you understand).

There is lots of glitter and dew drops, but it is hard to see from the photos. I think Lauren will enjoy opening it on Christmas day.
Thanks for stopping by.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Maravilhoso!!
    Achei a idéia o máximo.
    Beijos

    Débora - Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morag. I hope the snow lasts too. A white Christmas would be perfect.
    Your cupcakes are adorable. What a beautiful gift they make filled with absolutely anything!
    Enjoy your weekend and keep warm

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!