14 October, 2010

Hooray for Inset Days

You can tell I'm a SAHM.  I actually welcome inset days at school (teacher training days).  If I were working then they would be  a nightmare trying to find temporary childcare.  As it is, we're off to London tomorrow to visit museums.

So an early night for me tonight.  I thought I'd catch up on a few things before bed.

Photobucket


I hadn't realised that I hadn't shared any of my recent projects for The Craft Garden so here is a favourite one.

Photobucket


These lovely papers are actually K&Co, but they go so well with the flowers from The Craft Garden.  I have layered them and added small beadded centres for a little more detail.
Photobucket

I think my top tip for flowers are to include some leaves.  It's amazing what a little greenery can do to draw the eye in. 
Photobucket

Some of the larger flowers need some extra oomph at the centre.  I've layered smaller flowers give them a bit of balance.
Photobucket


I have said it before, but these Prima butterflies are awesome - some of the nicest things that Prima have released and very well priced. I think that there are 12 in a pack.

Well we're off for the insect day (as DD calls it). BTW, Pencil Lines are celebrating their 4th this weekend with lots of inspiration and prize give-aways.  Be sure to pop along to the blog.

Have a lovely week.  Thanks for popping in.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Morag this is so pretty the papers just match the photo so beautifully and the detail is just mazing so much to feast your eyes on and such yummy flowers and the butterfly perfect!!!! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooooooo pretty! Love this!!! SAHM's rock! I love doing stuff like that too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morag

    I was so please to find your Blog via Graphics 45, what a stunning layout of your little girl, I know I will be stopping by often for inspiration. TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. Sue (UK)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!