09 October, 2011

Must do Better (at blogging)

Life is really manic around here at the moment.  The electrician has been here most of the week opening a can of worms.  Wires not doing what they are supposed to, my dishwash is live which is why I was getting an electric shock from it. On top of that the decorator has been ridding us of ugly wallpaper and builders and kitchen designers have been trapsing around so we can get some quotes.  Who wanted to move house?  Oh yes, that was me!

Anyway. My evenings haven't been entirely wasted but I have been working on things that will need to wait for blogging.  So I'll share a couple of  layouts I did for Fiskars a few months back.

I had packed up much of my stash when I was a GDT so I relied on my lovely Fiskars border punches and used them in different ways.
Of course, the fab Pink Paislee stamps are just gorgeous on top of a little border.

I spritzed the border here so I could scrunch it for a bit of texture.

This was a real fun layout to do.  I used the Fiskars Shape Cutter to cut out the tree, squirrel and acorns. They seemed a perfect addition for those naughty chipmonks Chip and Dale!

For the border, I pnched a scallop border which was then snipped at small intervals to go around the outside of the circle.  Patience and tape is key here, but works very well.  I found lighter cardstock weight the best for this.

Anyway, I appreciate you sticking with me.  I'll be back tomorrow with my layout for Pencil Lines.  Hope to see you then!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!