29 April, 2013

Inspired by Prima

I recently discovered Live with Prima which is absolutely brilliant viewing if you are crafting. I watched whilst getting out my scrap supplies and I was totally inspired by Frank Garcia to use some mixed media techniques.

Although Frank had created an album, I thought I would try some of the techniques he used on a layout plus a few of my own.

One thing of my own was embossing. I used Versa mark ink to cover this clockface, before sprinkling on UTEE and Gold embossing powders randomly. By heating again, I was able to drop in some microbeads. I love the random effect it gave the edge.

I carried this technique on other elements of the layout.

I used more elements from the Lyric collection which has heaps of detail and things to cut out.

I layered stamping, texture paste and inks, but I did it my way as I can't do too messy!


I tucked in anything that I could lay my hands on to create more texture, including canvas strips, tape and paper strips.


I grunged up my letters too, first with gesso, ink and then stamped with a script stamp to tie it altogether. Such fun!

Anyway, thanks Frank for your inspiration! Your shows are really fun to watch and he is just so sweet :) Here is Franks' post of his amazing project.

Thanks for stopping by.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Pretty collage to complement the pretty b & w photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!