13 January, 2014

Icy Challenge

There has not been a whole lot of scrapping going on around here recently. I have been working on a scrapbook for a really good friend's 40th birthday. It's the biggest one I have done for a friend (I'm usually the one who makes the memory book when a friend leaves the area for pastures new).

Anyway, to get my creative juices going, I thought I would take part in a challenge. I love the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog when I need inspiration so with only a few days to go, I whipped off this layout...


I had a little play with texture paste and some home made masks (the layout is white, but I had to dull it a little so you could see the background).

After pushing through the paste, I sprinkled glitter on the snowflakes so they are nice and sparkly.


The title had a little extra treatment of some blue ink and Distress Stickles.

Anyway, this was a great way to get me scrapping - thanks to Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful layout! It highlights the photo brilliantly! Great work! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!