06 May, 2014

Playing with Prima for Scrap365 Magazine

Lucky me got to play with Prima's Something Blue collection kit last month. I adore the collection's wonderful mix of flowers and shabby-chic images mixed in with modern and vintage details. Being as spring is my favourite time of year because of the beautiful spring flowers and blossom, it's perfect inspiration for layouts.

Circles are a favourite feature on my layouts - they're perfect for focusing your attention on your photo and embellishments. A double mat layer adds a touch of luxury.


The base paper features a lightly drawn frame which I cut here and there to add more detail. Crumpling the corner you can see here means that I could tuck a journal card underneath. The best way to get a good crumple is to lightly spray the paper first with water, crumple and allow to dry naturally.

I love to reveal the papers below the base - it's a great place for more flowers. I dyed some muslin to add more texture before layering flowers and leaves.I pulled apart a little twine which makes great tendrils. 


In this layout, I went for a more linear approach, layering up the edges of the page with punched borders and distressed edges. By using strips of paper, a little goes a long way!


I love inks but I have to use them in a very confined manner! I opted for a little stenciling and stamping in soft Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. Adding stamped layers helps to add depth without bulk.


Simple strips of paper make wonderful banners. I created my own vellum feather. Cut out a simple leaf shape and glue a small length of twine down the centre. Then snip towards the centre to make a feather!




I hope that you enjoy playing with Something Blue as much as I do. 

Don't forget to check out Scrap365 blog for daily inspiration - *sigh*.

Thanks for stopping by.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!