30 May, 2015

Don't Feint! I scrapped!

LOL. I don't know if anyone still pops in to see if I have posted but if anyone does, FYI, I am still alive :)

With a full time job, family & house renovations, I have had little time to scrap and less time to share. I don't know if you have been there, but frankly, I was spending a lot of time on my computer and pushing papers around without achieving anything.

I did manage to scrap a few layouts since my last post, which appears to be almost a year ago! Where did that time go?

Anyway, I'm sure you would rather look a some piccies than waffle, so I thought I would share a couple of my latest layouts.


I had a new haircut recently and was really thrilled as to how it turned out. I still hate having my photo taken but thought it was worth cringing to document my new hair do.


I had been experimenting with inks in various ways to create backgrounds. It was a great excuse to dig out old inks that hadn't seen the light of day for a while too. I love the feathers (cut on a silhouette and inked).




Scraps of paper are still so precious and using them as small flags means that my favourite go a very long way!


I have recently returned from a trip to the Big Apple to celebrate the 50th birthdays of 2 good friends; Jackie & Julie (find these talented ladies at Hey Little Magpie). What a blast, obviously. So James (Jackie's son), asks, what are you most looking forward to doing/seeing when we go to New York? Everything would be the easy answer, but we had to narrow it down to something shorter.


My answer came in the form of a layout featuring Manhattan Island. I created this cut out on my Silhouette - firstly tracing around a map of Manhattan and painstakingly creating the shapes to form the different districts inside).

I thankfully got to do everything on my list and much more.It all exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to go back!


FYI, I think my favourite things are;
#1 Evening Cruise to see the Manhattan skyline (it was magical)
#2 Helicopter tour - incredible sights and exhilarating!
#3 Empire State Building
#4 High Line/Chelsea Market
#5 Brooklyn Bridge

Think I need another layout!

Well thanks for popping in and if you landed here by mistake, I hope it was a happy one.
I have another 900+ photos of New York so I am going to need a big scrapbook album! I
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great LOs and your cut file is so good. I do love NY.
    It's nice to see your scrapping again I know what it's like when life gets busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Lay out Morag, jealous of your trip to the big apple I would love to go Christmas shopping there
    hugs and best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts, and totally agree about pushing paper around and getting nothing done. Love both these layouts and will have to scrap lift the NY one and include my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the first lyaout love how you have worked in the top half of the page, and the twinkles down to the bottom (awesome feathers) x
    The Manhatten one is Fab. :0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!