19 March, 2011

Gardening Friends

I write from a very sunny, Spring-like England!  Spring is my favourite time of year - the daffodils bring in such an injection of much-needed colour.

For my project this week, I thought I'd make a card that would double-up as a gift.  I love collecting seeds at the end of the season and this would be a great way to give to a friend.

I created a card base that includes a small simple pocket.  Just fold one-side over the other and fold up a flap at the bottom to create the pocket.  As you can see, my pocket has been line with ric-rac (if only it were lined with money!)

Into this pocket I've created a vintage 'seed-packet'.  There are plenty of free images to be found on the web.  Be warned - once you've found some you'll be addicted to downloading them all!  Just print your packet onto good-quality paper and turn it into an envelope.


Of course, by card features the cute lil' Josie the Ladybug Fairy.  She has been coloured with Copic markers before being cut out and mounted onto foam tape.

Well enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Thanks for popping in.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!