29 November, 2007

Christmas is coming

I'm getting all fired up for Christmas. I've done more Christmas projects already this year than I have in any previous years put together.

I've seen a bunch of beautifully decorated trees on 2Ps and at Hobbycrafts that I wanted one of my own. Being as I'm far too stingy to use my scrapbook stash on one, I decided on a vintage model.



I decoupaged the cone first to hide any unsightly polystyrene which looked pretty good on its own. Each one of those 'leaves' are painstakingly cut, inked, curled and pinned to the cone. I've no idea how many there were, but I had very sore fingers.

I've glued a little birdie onto a skewer and Merry Christmas banner on cocktail sticks - a bit like Blue Peter.

Finally finished it all off with little beads and glitter. It's still a work in progress until I can find just that right thing that's missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!