03 December, 2010

Ho Ho Home!

My Christmas has come early this year as I received a fabulous kit from AllyScraps.  There have been amazing designers on the blog this year so it's a little scary!

Home for Christmas

Onto my project.  I've used Very Merry from October Afternoon to create a mini-album (thankfully, Cathy has restocked this fabulous collection).  I know many people are journalling their Christmas and this album would be a great way to do that. More pages can be easily added when needed.

Home for Christmas
I am going to add photos of our christmas spent at home. I love these Silver Foil Thickers - they are super shiny and perfect for holiday projects.

Home for Christmas

I used a Maya Road Velvet Blossom as an accent (I have been after these for a long time).
As I would love to keep a note of our wish lists this year, I've created a tag for each of us.  I really ought to have a very BIG tag to fit all my 'wishes' on! The simple tag pocket is created by folding paper around the bottom of the page.
Home for Christmas

I've left spaces for my photos.  I have used one of the journalling tags as a photo mat. On the right hand side, you can see a lovely Maya Road Kraft Purse Envelope. This will be great to store those little keepsakes. The cute candy Cane and house are from the element sticker sheet.


Home for Christmas

The reverse of the envelope features a journal card and one of those cute little gingerbread men from the sticker sheet.
Home for Christmas

As I'm adding my photos later, I've left plenty of space to add them in.  I imagine that I'll be able to print some off over the holiday period and have a happy time pasting them in.


Home for Christmas


It's a great idea to include some shaped pages in the album - keeps things interesting.

To make the Album:
Cut out 2 chipboard covers 6x6.  Cover with Story Hour paper.  Layer those fabulous stickers from the element sheet. Don't forget to put those gingerbread people on foam tape!
Page 1: Create a concertina rosette from Fill the Stockings.  Add sticker sentiment and ribbon.
Page 3: Cover background page with Bake the Cookies.  Trim 3" of Fill the Stockings folding over the bottom of the page.  Adhere to reverse to form a pocket.  Cover die-cut tags with various papers and stickers.  Make an extra long one for Mum's wish list!
Page 5:  Decorate a Maya Road Kraft Purse envelope with candy cane and die-cut snowflake.

Decorate remaining pages with various papers and stickers.  Leave plenty of space for photos if you are adding them later this month.  Punch 2 holes throughout the book and bind with book rings or ribbons.

Thanks for popping in.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!