05 August, 2011

TGIF

We're into our 2nd week of the summer holidays.  The weather has been great so we've been hanging out at home and the kids have been down the water slide.  Best £30 I ever spent!

Thought I'd share a layout that I did last week for Fiskarettes blog celebrating DD first dance show back in June. 

I used the Fiskars scallop punch to create a border which I then snipped before adhering it to the back of the circle.  This works best with light-weight cardstock, but I have done it successfully with Bazzil also.


The dress form is Tim Holtz of course.  I stamped various butterflies (Fiskars) before inking with Distress Inks.  I normally use a darker colour around the edges to add depth.

That drop-dead gorgeous flower is Prima and the cute little flags are Pebbles Inc. 

All the papers are from a Studio Calico kit.

Just before I go, I thought I'd show you a sneaky peek of my class for our Charity crop.  Oohh, the kit is gorgeous! There are still a couple of places left if you fancy coming or want the kit.  Check out the What Housework Blog for more info.


I'm also playing along with this week's sketch at Pencil Lines. 

The reveal is at 8pm GMT on Sunday.  Hope to see you then!

Enjoy the  glorious weather all.   Thanks for popping in.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful layout, I love the collaboration of embellishments you used. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations, I am now a follower. :)

    I would love if you stopped by my craft blog, Made Especially For You.

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!